Friday, March 6, 2009

Our Friday Date

My physiology professor asks the class every week what Friday night is, and we all respond without thought or care, "Date Night." I guess he is trying to train some of the boys. My date doesn't stay out late at night so we make it a date afternoon. Every Friday for the past few months, Max and I go to the library for "Mother Goose." Two crazy goons put a little show for the kids. They sing silly songs, read a book, and perform a puppet show. Max absolutely loves it. Afterward, we go to Wendy's for a treat. This past Friday, we took little Megan along. I think Max preferred her over me as his date. I prefer Brig over Max because Max:
  • Eats all of my ice cream, instead of buying me my own and then giving me the rest of his to finish.
  • Is cheap! He makes me pay.
  • Never appreciates the fact that I put on something besides a t-shirt.
  • Insists that I drive.
On the other hand, I don't mind taking Max out because:
  • He laughs with me when I dance and sing the silly songs - never making fun of me.
  • He wears whatever I want him to (even though he does put up a fuss - I still always win!)
  • He gives the best kisses when our date is over and doesn't even mind the lip gloss or lipstick all over his face.
  • He doesn't drag it out - after about 1.5 hours we have to get home for nap time.
  • He is so darn cute! I make all the girls jealous.











4 comments:

Lois Brown said...

You are so cute. Love this post about date night! YOu are a wonderful mothre!

symonie said...

What a great post, Shayla. Made me laugh! I'll take Max out anytime you need a break. I love the pic of him with Megan reading books. PRECIOUS.

Lil Gma said...

Can I go with your date? He does all kinds of fun stuff. Mine is boring in comparison. ssh don't tell dad.

Lindy said...

I love this, Shayla! What a creative way to document your "dates." Oh, I miss both of you. When can we come hang out with you?