Monday, March 2, 2009

Maxwell's Real 1st Birthday...

Just like every other mom, I can't believe that my baby is one...
Because of him, I experience joy every day and am hardly able to get lonely.
We love this buster beyond words. Max is thinking that he needs one more
REAL birthday with Daddy, now that he is officially ONE.

He got to feed himself rice and beans. He is becoming a true Skinner
in his love for Mexican food. Uncle Bryan, aren't you sad you missed out? Cousin Bridger gave him his first monster truck. Grandpa and him
played with it for a good 30 minutes after the cake.
He got books from Mommy and Daddy. He wasn't real
sure about this one. Besides those two presents, he opened Shaq shoes
and church pants from Grandpa and Lil Grandma... for a total of
three presents costing for under 25 bucks. First birthdays are awesome!



Lil Grandma and Grandpa at the Mexican restaurant...


and the rest of the Gillette Skinner clan.


Bridger kept trying to sneak the Jelly Beans from Max's cake even
after he got a hold of the cake before it was frosted and had
his handful before Max got to it.
Max didn't know what was beyond the balloons at that point.
Since we got to the cake around 10 that night, I decided that
his 10 month pre-cake was still plenty for the little pig. He got a little
piece that I cut for him. I figured the Jelly Beans could have been dangerous.
(I know, call me lame!) It just makes Max miss Daddy that much more.
We got to watch Bridger that day so I blew up balloons
and made a little fort. The boys played in it all morning.
Entertainment that I remember loving as a child.
Max didn't only know where the door was - Bridger said
he couldn't come in because he couldn't say the password.
Bridger, if you still know the password type it in the comments -
I want to see how good your memory is....
We did bath time backwards. This was at the beginning of the day.

4 comments:

Odessa and Jeremy said...

Bridger says....Basketball?

Odessa and Jeremy said...

All the pictures are so cute, we miss you! What was that book about that you gave Max? :-)

Odessa and Jeremy said...

Bridger just said something else......peanut butter jelly?

Craig and Maggie said...

I'd want another real birthday too. All you can eat chocolate cake. Dads are great for things like that.