Thursday, March 19, 2009

Dear Mr. Udall,















On our travels back from Boise to visit Aunt/Sister-in-law Kate and Uncle/Brother-in-law Brady, we stopped for a short stay in Almo, ID. (Thanks to my dear friend Emily for introducing us to it.) It wasn't complete without your presence. The thought of you didn't leave us until we were hours away from this little western town. The one way out of this quaint town was a dirt road. It didn't help matters being that it was Sunday because that is the day we miss you most. We must return when you come home. The pictures must come to you with mixed joy. We think of you with a spirit of great happiness more now than we ever have. Maxwell looks forward to riding the open ranges with you with much anticipation. He can imitate a horse to perfection. Not everything in the world has become fenced. You will enjoy his sweet company, for I see you in him more and more as the days roll on. I am happy that our son has such a stalwart father. It is my greatest blessing in life to have you, Cowboy. May you never forget that. I can't wait until we can travel miles across the ranges together. I wish you were here. Let us hope the days go by quickly so we may reunite before we both grow too old. We miss you dearly,

Mama and Mad Max

7 comments:

Lil Gma said...

An awesome blog. I must go there myself one day. Only it will be with Mr. Skinner.

Lois Brown said...

Looks like it was a great place. how fun!

Jenn and Chuck said...

This looks like such a fun town! How are you doing? I got your email but it got buried in my inbox. We should get together before you or I move again. I can't believe this year is going by so fast! I am already moving in 4 months again! We are being stationed at Ft. Lewis, WA.
Max is so Cute! What song was it that you liked?
I am so glad that it is spring, I have missed the OK weather- I don't love the cold and snow, but my girls do!:)

The Harrisons said...

Hey, this is Travis. When does Brig get back and will you guys be living in Oklahoma when he returns? I'm asking because a bunch of the guys are planning a trip to Dallas on Labor Day weekend for the BYU vs. Oklahoma game. I thought he might like to join us if he is back and within driving distance.

Shayla said...

Brig,

You will have a serious decision to make with the game if Angry Frank decides to show up just a little bit early.

Email your Travis... I love you.

Shayla said...

i meant to say your buddy Travis. that sounds a little odd.

symonie said...

These are great photos! I'm glad you told me about the place and why you liked it. It made me appreciate the photos even more.