Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Jumble of Events

Max has a new friend. My trainer from my mission just had a sweet LITTLE baby girl. Her name is Kadence Toni. We went to SLC on Friday to meet her. She is beautiful and so perfect. I can't believe that Max was once so little, well - that he was once just a few days old. We also got to see my other companion, Heidi. It is always so nice to reconnect with mission friends. We enjoyed an afternoon of good food and company. It must have been the week to reunite with mission companions. Emily came down from Ogden for a night to see us. It was great to have someone else read to him and give him a bath. He really liked that. She babysat him during my classes and did my dishes. I love anyone who does my dishes!!! Thanks, Em for all your help.
The Moffats invited us to go to the Draper Temple Open House, and so we took them up on the offer. I am so glad that we went. Max looked at every picture of Jesus. His favorite part was the chandelier in the celestial room which has 200 lights and hangs from a 50 foot ceiling. I felt the peace of the Lord and was encircled by His love. It refocused my perspective and reminded me that I have my family forever. It was different stepping foot in a sealing room without my companion but again grateful for the covenants I made with Brig almost 2 years ago. God has promised us so many blessings if we are but willing to follow Christ. I love to see the temple.




Letting Maxwell enjoy being naked for a few minutes was a few minutes too long. I ended up having to change my sheets (but you ain't never seen a happier kid.)



Here is Max just about ready to help me enjoy my birthday lunch. Brig had lunch 'catered' right to my door... a spinach and strawberry salad, a huge turkey, mozzarella sandwich, and a delicious pasta dish. I was able to enjoy it for dinner that night and lunch the next day. He also sent me the beautiful Gerbera daises you see. I suppose he was feeling guilty after watching 'The Break-up'. A girl says she doesn't really want flowers (which I say), but she really does. Anyone know what line I am talking about?




Cousin Tevi came for a visit while his family went to a BYU basketball game. Max was not feeling well so they didn't spend much time together but I sure did enjoy a cuddly, sweet Tevi. He let me just hold him and we rocked. It was so relaxing.





My wonderful Grandma Gilbert made me a huge birthday dinner on the 13Th because I was in class all night on my birthday. It felt like Thanksgiving with the whole works. My Aunt Annie and the Moffats also came to celebrate as well. Thanks, Guys!




Brig asked if I would take pictures at the doctor's office, so we did -
I guess we'll just add them in this post.















4 comments:

bcwaldmann said...

How wonderful to be able to go to the temple open house. Your husband was not able to be there, but it will be a little while before you will be able to be in the celestial room with Max, again. All of the pictures are so cute. I think MADDEN could take MAX, now.

Vanessa and Raymond said...

I know that flower line you're talking about, except Raymond holds true to it, he doesn't think I need flowers, they just die.
Wsy to go Brig for sending your lady flowers.....we do like them every now and then.

symonie said...

We LOVED all the photos Shayla! (Nina and Satch looked at them with me. They love Baby Max.) Max reminds me more and more of baby pictures of Brig. He is so so so cute. And I'm glad you got such royal treatment on your birthday. You are loved!

Leilani Bascom said...

You are the luckiest!! You got to see Johnson, Reichman and Ulrich again in a matter of days!!!!! And you are beautiful! Love you