Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009

The year is not off to the best start but Brig and I decided that at least we can say that he will be home this year! Brig arrived safely in Iraq 60 hours after leaving from the Salt Lake Airport. He stayed in his uniform that whole time and hardly slept. In honor of him, I didn't get out of my pj's or shower as well. I slept enough for him and me both. I did party until 9:00 on New Year's with my in-laws (and I did put some jeans on). I think it was the first year ever that I didn't stay up until midnight.

Max looks around the apartment for Daddy - I don't make mealtimes near as fun, I can't make realistic truck and animal sounds, and I make him take naps when he is just starting to show tired signs. Max won't even pucker his lips and blow spit for me like he did the whole time for Brig. He loves to see the pictures of him and we have looked through our vacation pictures over and over - I guess I like to think I am doing it because Max's face lights up.

Needless to say, we are grateful that we could spend the holidays together as a family. Thanks to all who watched Max (a special thanks to Cord, Heidi, and fam and my mom) and came to Brig's party. We are blessed to have such wonderful relatives. Even if Max is waking up every few hours again through the night and won't go to sleep on his own for nap time, I wouldn't have traded our vacation for anything in the world. It was awesome! If we were only granted one day together, it would have been worth it! Here is a little clip of Bugsy and Brig:

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I love the video of the Max with his papa -- the spit bubbles are priceless!

We're glad to hear that Brig made it back safe & sound. I stayed in my PJ's for days too. I guess I'll say it was in honor of Brig.

We love you Brig, Shayla & Max!

nate & traci said...

Okay, I cried. That was cute.

Strupp Family said...

Oh good, I cried too. I thought it was my postpartum hormones, but that is too cute. I'm glad you guys got to spend a little time together and Brig got to play with Max a lot. Even if Max didn't get his regular nap time in--I know how that goes. Talk to you later!

Lil Gma said...

I cried too. Of course I always do. For a little while I didn't cry so much but I am back at it. Males just can do so much more and we laugh so they keep doing it so as not to disappoint us.

Heidi said...

I love max with brig spiting!
One thing that is crazy is that max did not scream after he got the ice-cream. I miss brig.
love ya
lily