Friday, January 23, 2009

It's MAX time...

I like pictures of myself better than I do of my mama. Here are some things about me these days that you should know:


I have this obsession with "Dieter the Dolphin", which is a bath toy that I want to play with outside of the bath as well. I know about the crab, and the pelican, and the octopus, and the turtle, but the there is just something about Dieter. Lately, I have been throwing all of the other toys out of the tub.

I have made some new discoveries - light switches, toilet flushers, trashcans, and dishwashers.

My favorite toy is a "ball." I go around the house saying, "Bal..Bal...Bal." I shoot it into the bucket that Mommy put in the walker but then I get bored and take the bucket out, and shoot it through the leg holes. I like that trick better. My new thing is throwing the ball down the stairs at Great-Grandma's house and making Mom chase it and throw it back up to me. I could do this for hours on end. I just giggle the whole time. I have tried to retrieve the ball myself and have been unsuccessful.

I was sick last week and had to go to the doctor. I am fine until they start poking in my ears and digging out wax. Then I let them have it.

I am now a little pipsqueak, only in the 44% for weight and height. But my head still keeps me up there with the big kids - at 98%.

I have FOUR teeth now. I was teething when I had an ear infection. Those of you who like to party, should have come to my house and done it right. We didn't sleep at night!

I do like my medicine, I still like anything that goes in my mouth.

I finally learned the sign "milk" but since I can scream, why should I bother with that?

I miss my Daddy. I look at pictures of him every day and that always makes me happy. I can't learn to throw a ball from mama because she throws like a girl.

I love to read books. The minute Mama says book, I go to my basket and grab the ones I want and start screaming. She is not nice, she will take them out of my hands, and make me crawl to the rocking chair. I sure do hurry though. My new favorite is "Mr. Brown can Moo, can YOU?" I laugh right out loud when mama makes all the funny sounds.

I never cry when Mama leaves me with the babysitters.

I am starting to dance to music - moving my head and shoulders.

I can't wait until my birthday, when I get a REAL cake. Mom and Dad might think they tricked me by giving me one early, but that was just practice for the 16Th of next month. (Maybe Daddy could put a few pictures of that wonderful day on here for you all to see.)
















7 comments:

Odessa and Jeremy said...

Shay, what a cute post! I love the picture of Brig and Max! So Cute.... and the one by the bathtub, looks like he had a bit too much Tylenol, but he's happy so what the heck! Miss you!
Odessa

symonie said...

I've just spent way too long catching up on your blog. I loved the video of Max and Brig on Catalina where Max is doing raspberries and spitting. So cute! And Brig's bday post . . . what a sweet boy he is. I'm glad that Max is feeling better and getting into toilets and trashcans and chasing balls and throwing things. He is all boy--and the cutest boy in Utah county! (Satchel has Davis county covered.) The picture of him smiling on Brig's lap is the best.
We need to come and visit soon and see you both in real life.

symonie said...

I've just spent way too long catching up on your blog. I loved the video of Max and Brig on Catalina where Max is doing raspberries and spitting. So cute! And Brig's bday post . . . what a sweet boy he is. I'm glad that Max is feeling better and getting into toilets and trashcans and chasing balls and throwing things. He is all boy--and the cutest boy in Utah county! (Satchel has Davis county covered.) The picture of him smiling on Brig's lap is the best.
We need to come and visit soon and see you both in real life.

Odessa and Jeremy said...

I agree brig needs to come home to teach max how to throw balls around. Not only does shayla throw like a girl but she is scared of balls and tried to throw our entire softball season down the toilet bowl. Thankfully she left the team on a semi good note!

Lil Gma said...

Oh I just love to read about my grandbabies. Thanks so much for taking the time to post. I know that you are busy. Make sure that youre getting a little TLC too. Shayla my dear. I love youo.

Lindy said...

I love, love, love when Max posts. His descriptions of his daily activities make my day. And the pictures! Could he be any cuter? Last time I saw him he was sick and grumpy, so I can't wait to see that big grin again. xoxo love you, Max!

Heidi said...

SO SO SO cute!!!!!!
I LOVE the picture of brig and max!!!
LOVE YOU
Lily