Wednesday, March 5, 2008

INSTRUCTIONS:

Incorrect!!!
Correct!!!
Brig and I were sent an email about advice on what is correct and incorrect parenting. For instance, the correct way to wake a baby is gently kiss his head. The incorrect way to wake a baby is to blow an airhorn by his ear. There wasn't any advice on how to keep a pacify in his mouth... so Brig tried tape (for real). After Max cried for 2 hours, Brig thought this would work. I tried to tell him not to. It only made Max a really MAD MAX! He knew there was something on his face that wasn't suppose to be there. The correct way is Mama's way!
Usually Max puts Daddy to sleep...

5 comments:

Strupp Family said...

Hey, I got that same email. It was pretty funny. Your illustration should go right in that email. Sorry about all the crying. I always got pretty flustered when you don't know how to make them stop and everything has been done (fed, changed, slept, etc) Good luck with that.

TMATR said...

That reminds me of when we taped Binx's mouth shut in the middle of the night when he was whining....it didn't really work, so we didn't bother trying it on our kids! We look forward to meeting Baby Maxwell someday!

Craig and Maggie said...

Nice try Brig.


So my kids got mad at me at least 60% of the time when I tried to give them a binky. Then the minute they found their thumb binkys became downright offensive. I wonder if I would have given it to them more if they wouldn't have started thumb sucking. Should have tried tape j/k

Andrea said...

Hi Shayla, it's Andrea (Stole) Trujillo. I found your blog through Morgan's. I have enjoyed keeping in touch with her and reading about their adventures in China. Congratulations on your little boy! He is so cute. Aaron and I have a blog at aztrujillos.com if you want to check it out. It looks like you guys are doing great!

showlowhall@frontiernet.net said...

Hi Brig, Shay and Max, I found your blog through Ronquillos...
I love the photos of Brig with Max, and the caption "usually Max puts Brig to sleep".
What a cute Daddy and Son!