Friday, September 3, 2010

The Party!

Max was not dressed appropriate for the occasion, BUT he is officially POTTY-TRAINED so we celebrated him as well... YAY! (and not sure I want to do that again!) We have gone 10 days accident-free. He still sleeps in his diaper at night and told me the other morning after waking up, "Mom, get this diaper off of me. Diapers are for babies."
This was Satchel during the pinata game. He doesn't like loud noises and was hiding over behind the chairs with his ears covered. I thought it was so cute.


Fighting over the treasure!


Max took a hit but was totally cheating.


Everyone else ripped open her presents and she didn't mind a bit.

She made this funny little stink face all day at everybody. It's kinda how
I feel on my birthday.









She picked up every last crumb and was still fairly clean when
it was all said and done.



My sister Morgan gave me the idea for this cute caterpillar, since I
am not known for my creativity. It was fun to make.

Nothing like a cute birthday suit...

6 comments:

Swiss Family said...

I love Max's striped underwear and they go so well with his cowboy hat! Avalon is such a cutie! Good job on the birthday cake that's a great idea. We miss you guys!

Strupp Family said...

That is REALLY cute. What cute kids you have! I love the cake, too--also not known for my creativity. You did a much better job than I could have.

PS We call them "special night-time underpants" It helps somehow.

Lil Gma said...

I wish we could have been there. I feel like i turn into a pumpkin that first month of school. What a fun big party. The pinata was a hit I am sure. YAY for Max and I loved the picture with AVIE eating her birthday cake.

Vanessa and Raymond said...

Max and Avalon are too cute! Good job on the cake, Shay! As for your creativity....you've got it, just have to dig it back out and dust it off!! :)

The Speres said...

Looks like a very fun birthday party! What a cute cake....simple and easy to eat!
Hope you guys are enjoying Provo! We hope to be back up north in December, but we'll see where the wind decides to take us.
Miss you!
Max is getting SO BIG!

Lindy said...

Shayla, I'm laughing just seeing Max in his hat and undies again. Thanks for having us over (and for the delish dinner, Brig)...we had a great time! It's always good to see you.