Thursday, July 22, 2010

Uncle Tord Rolls into Town

It's really bad when my 19-year old brother, Corde, makes a comment about how it's been years since I've posted. I didn't even know he looked at any blogs, let alone ours. I thought he deserved a few pictures. We'll work our way backwards since this post was this week. The past 3 months have been so hectic. We moved to Utah and then traveled to California to catch a free hop to Hawaii (just milking it to the last minute with Army benefits) and from Cali to D.C. We made it to both family reunions and will be getting settled into our new place soon. We have spare bedrooms and welcome visitors!


This is the big rig Uncle Corde drives for some famous cowboy. I had no idea that he had such a sweet set-up. He called us "poor college students" and paid for lunch. I guess we'll take what we can get. The inside is equipped with a complete kitchen, leather furniture, and a queen size bed. Max was dying to get on the horse. He kept holding his hat and saying "Howdy Partner, I'm Cowboy Max!" Freckles, the horse, took a better picture than Max. Brig said this horse costs more than his soul.
What little boy doesn't want the driver's seat of a BIG TRUCK! Corde gave him everything but the key.
Thanks Uncle Tord for treating us and showing us a day in the life. I think it made my husband a little jealous. He is thinking about finding another Hollywood cowboy to drive around as long as they will put up the whole fam as well. Forget law school!

5 comments:

breanne said...

What? Did I read this right? You guys are in Utah...you picked the BYU law school? Yeah! I hope so. I have been meaning to email you and ask. Well, welcome back to Utah, and I will have to call soon. I hope you find Provo and the BYU scene just as thrilling as last time. :)

Lil Gma said...

Those are pretty awesome pics. I am not sure but Corde used to be the cutest handsome boy I ever new. (now he has competition)

Craig and Maggie said...

That is awesome! How do you get a job like that? Not that I'm revving to be a truck driver :) It is just an unusual thing to do. I bet Max was in heaven.

Vanessa and Raymond said...

Nice shirt, Corde. Those are two handsome boys. Corde has really moved up in the world from his blue spandex and floppy hat days. Ha, ha!

The Harrisons said...

It was so nice to see you guys! I can't wait to see pics of your new place. Thanks again for the books & puzzle. It's nice to have something to start reading to Beau since all of our baby books are still packed ;)