Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Max's Top Ten Goodreads for 2009

We are always looking for good children's books, so if you have a favorite - please share.

1. Leonardo, the Terrible Monster


2. Captain Flinn and the Pirate Dinosaurs


3. Jumpy Jack and Googily


4. Guji Guji


5. Bear Snores On


6. I Spy: Christmas


7. Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?


8. How Do Dinosaurs Say Good Night?


9. We're Going on a Bear Hunt


10. My Friend is Sad
His all time favorite didn't make the list because Brig and I can't stand to read it. It is only good for the pictures and Max reads it by himself so I guess we better give it honorable mention. It is titled, Cars and Trucks and Things that Go, by Richard Scarry. Our favorite part is how he can find this little creature on every page called 'goldbug' faster than we can. We check it out at the library every other time. If I wrapped it up and gave it to him for his birthday, he wouldn't know what to do with himself. Max says, "Thank you for books..." almost every night in his prayers." He only looks like a defensive lineman.

4 comments:

Josie said...

Leonardo is great! I read it to Bridge! Umm... Tim's fam gave me a touch and feel book about tractors so I can learn! I will have to read it to Max sometime:)

symonie said...

LOVE IT!! So many good books. And the fact that he prays for them . . . what a kid. I'll start putting together a list of some of our favorites.

Lil Gma said...

I need to record a book and send it so he can hear me read or dad should. We still have the pneumonia.
waah wah

showlowhall@frontiernet.net said...

That is soo awesome: "thank you for books"! Bless his ever loving heart!
I like the Berenstain Bears, almost all of them. Love the Mercer Mayer books and the tapes, if you can get them, love the littler critter and the grasshopper who tells you when it's time to turn the page.
Love you Forever, by Robert Munsch
and of Course Disney and Sesame Street books.
Love ya,
Twila and Chris Hall