Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Baby Moon #2

I was much more excited about the idea of ditching Max for a few days than Brig. I did miss him terribly by the fourth day. We spent most of our conversations talking about him and repeating the funny little phrases to each other that he says. The drive back to get him was a long one. We were so excited to see him again. Thanks to my mom and Aunt Jewls and Aunt Odie for taking him to Utah and keeping him fat and healthy. We had a wonderful time trying to make up for the lost months. A good road trip always seems to do the trick for us.
Neither Brig or me had really ever got to see Yellowstone National Park. We spent time hitting all the hot spots (literally) and enjoying some of the craziest sites of nature in the world. Although we were impressed with its beauty, the drive out of the park on the Northeast side through Beartooth Highway was the highlight for us. Just as a part of it is called, we felt we were on top of the world. I have saved those pictures for last because I would like Brig to post about it because he has some fun stories to tell. Because we saw snow up there, he really got Iraq out of his system. I will at least post pictures later.
These pictures are from Yellowstone:
We saw about every creature except the bear. We were fascinated with these little foxes that were playing by the roadside. Brig's favorite spotting was a mother moose and her baby. In our competition of who could spot more animals, I won by 2 points...

We met up with my brother, Lucas and his two kids, Kennedy and Rowan for a few hours in the park. It was great to see them.













Part of a vacation for us includes eating ice cream everyday. We don't seem to have problems making sure that happens. Here we are at the Fishing Bridge Cafe. We were served by an English girl who was just working there for the summer. Later that night, when I couldn't wait to get to Cody to relieve myself, we stopped at the first place we could find. Our server was outside with all of her foreign friends when Brig asked if his pregnant wife could use the restroom. They were laughing for some reason. Come to find out, when I went inside they kicked a guy out of the shower so I could use the bathroom in the men's dormitory.







We stayed the first three nights in Cody, WY. It is a quiet, cowboy town about 50 miles east of Yellowstone. Our cabin was awesome. As advertised, it definitely has the best beds in the WEST. We shopped the cowboy village, learned about the Mormon history in the area, attended the Cody Nite Rodeo (for free once the woman heard that Brig had just got back from Iraq), and ate the best cheese cake in the world. I would highly recommend this place... The Cowboy Village Cabin




4 comments:

nate & traci said...

Hello...did I miss the post where you said you were expecting?!! Cause this kind of shocked me! Congratulations!!!

Strupp Family said...

So that's how you are. Don't think we wouldn't have met you in Yellowstone, too... :) We miss you guys. Move to Montana.

The Speres said...

You look amazing, Shay! When are you due? (I can't even remember my own birthday these days...) I'm so happy for you two to be back together and enjoying life and nature---Yellowstone is one of our favorite places and we surely miss it this time of year! Keep havin fun!

Lil Gma said...

I miss little Max. Your pics are awesome. Can't wait to see you all again. I love Wyoming and Montana wilderness.