Thursday, December 18, 2008

We're so glad that Daddy is home...

Just wanted to give a quick update since both of my boys have been sleeping since 8:30, and I don't know what to do with myself. Brig came home on Friday night. He came unexpectedly. He had told me just hours before showing up at my grandparents door that he wouldn't be here until Saturday... It was an awesome surprise. It couldn't have been more perfect. I had had a crazy week getting ready for him to come and trying to finish end of the term papers and other projects for school. My sister, Chelsie, was here with her little boy Madden and I couldn't have done it without her. She babysat Maxiffin, cooked dinner, and did my grocery shopping. Sidenote: Thanks, Chels! I am so grateful for your help. Max loves his Daddy, which is no shocker if you know how well Brig does with kids. They have watched "Happy Feet", spent hours laughing at the dinner table (Brig is LOVING the eating experience with Max - as you can imagine), and bonded while I finished up my last two finals. Brig can't seem to get enough of him. Muffin imitates him with sounds and says, "Da-Da-Da!" The first day Brig was here, Muffin crawled for more than a few feet, like he had been waiting for Daddy. (He still likes to Army crawl.) He has also started pulling himself up - and peers over his pack-n-play in the morning when he wants us to get him out. It has been so much fun! We will post some family pictures around Christmas. Hope you are enjoying the holidays as much as we are!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome Home Brig! I am proud of you. Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas with many blessings of peace and happiness.

-ST

TMATR said...

We're so happy for you, too! Can't wait for some fun pictures.

The Speres said...

So glad to hear that your hubby is home! What an amazing Christmas surprise to have him home earlier than expected! I REALLY hope to see you while we are here in Utah---we'll be here through January! Let me know if you'll have time in January to reconnect!

*Amy * said...

I'm glad Brigham got home safe and sound and can enjoy his little boy!
- Amy Doubt Richardson
I went to school with him like Steve.

Lois Brown said...

I'm so happy you are all together again. What a great surprise! Enjoy the holiday's together and I'll look forward to seeing the pictures!

Lil Gma said...

It is wonderful to be a family. Thanks for serving our country, Brig. In all the turmoil, we are promised that we are not alone and that our country was established so the
gospel could be restored.

Strupp Family said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you guys. How wonderful that must feel to see each other again! I fully expect you to come stay with us while you are looking for a place to live when Brig gets back...A place REALLY close to us...

nate & traci said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you Shayla and Max that he is home. I know you have been waiting for this day to come!

The Harrisons said...

Brig, nothing says "Welcome Home!" like two BYU losses to Arizona schools in the same day. I tried to call you to vent after the B-ball loss to ASU, but I guess you changed your number. I'm glad you're home and Merry Christmas!
T

TMATR said...

Anybody know if their blog moved?