Monday, December 1, 2008

It is OFFICIALLY Brig's Birthday in IRAQ... Happy 28th Lt. Udall!











If I could go back in time and do things over, I am sure I would change several things. I might have stuck with one major and stayed at one college. I might have not quit playing soccer. I might have worn a more modest dress to my senior prom. I might have read more books to my little sisters, and read more books - period. I might have reconsidered dropping a stink bomb on my neighbor's porch, ringing the doorbell, and running. I might have given more kisses to my parents instead of silly crushes. I might have stayed awake in early morning seminary. I might have been even more kind to Jason K. I might have gotten my older sister back for pinning me down and letting spit splat on my face. I might have convinced my Mission President to let me stay as long as the elders. I might change a million things - BUT - I wouldn't change one thing for sure... and that is my decision to marry BRIG. Many of those things that I would change, led to our story, and therefore, I would actually keep things exactly how they are for fear of messing up what is so perfect in my life and to keep him as my sweetheart FOREVER. I have an awesome companion and I consider myself the luckiest girl in the whole wide WORLD.
Brig, you are amazing. It didn’t take me long to fall in love with you. You captured my heart when I saw you play with your nieces and nephews and I knew I had found my match. You are sweet yet tough, serious yet hilarious, and man yet still forgiving. I want to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY from far away and I want you to know that I will be thinking about you all day today. We will celebrate when you get home.

12 comments:

Fig said...

Sweetness.

Odessa and Jeremy said...

Shayla, that made me cry cause it was so dang cute! Happy Birthday Brig!

Vanessa and Raymond said...

I think you forgot to mention that you might not have wanted to chase a weird person around the neighborhood at 2 in the morning! Or invited a weird lady onto the porch who was looking for her kid (that I think didn't exist)!
HA! HA!
Your story was sweet, and I hope you and Brig can enjoy a great birthday celebrate in just a few short days! Happy B-Day, Brig!

Strupp Family said...

You're going to make me cry! That was really sweet. Happy Birthday Brig!

Um, so I WILL get to see you when you move back--we'll be here another year or so. :)

Tyler asked me yesterday when Miss Shayla was coming back--then he told me we should name our baby Max. I can't believe he even remembers Max's name. Fun.

We miss you!

Mindy said...

great tribute. we love brig and you too!

symonie said...

Oh Shayla, you made me cry. Thanks for loving my brother so much and for making him happy. You're the best! We all love you mucho. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY Brig! We love you muchisimo too!

Josie said...

Happy Birthday Brig!

April HelleDickson said...

Big fat happy birthday, Brig! I can't believe how long it's been since we've seen you. And how old you are now! I mean, you're 28 now. Holy crap. It's so weird that you're a real grown up now with a wife and kid and career. But you'll always be the kid making Exlax brownies for the boys downstairs to us. We thought about sending you some while you are over there, but decided it would have been an act of terrorism.

Happy birthday, Brigham. We miss you.

-Dave and April

Benj and Vero said...

Hey Brig sorry I didn't hit you up on your birthday yesterday. Had to have foot surgery, got two screws put in my big toe. I fractured it at the Trampoline center on Connors birthday. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY bro. I hope all is well in Iraq and that you were able to celebrate over there. Luv ya bro take care.
Benj Kartchner and Fam.

our Blog is benandveronica.blogspot.com if you want to see whats up over here. Later.

Benj and Vero said...

Hey Brig sorry I didn't hit you up on your birthday yesterday. Had to have foot surgery, got two screws put in my big toe. I fractured it at the Trampoline center on Connors birthday. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY bro. I hope all is well in Iraq and that you were able to celebrate over there. Luv ya bro take care.
Benj Kartchner and Fam.

our Blog is benandveronica.blogspot.com if you want to see whats up over here. Later.

Lois Brown said...

Happy birthday to your husband...i am excited to see by the countdown that he will be home soon and you can all be together! Speaking of Aileen...i know that she loved being at your home with all of you guys...she felt like one of the crowd and for an autistic child being apart of the crowd is exciting instead of being apart from the crowd; and I will forever love your mother for asking Aileen to bear her testimony in primary becuase i would have never thought of that and i will never be able to express to you the feeling of watching her type out that "she knows that God lives" what a blessing! Your family will always be special to our family! plus I got to teach you one year in seminary! that was a good year!

Brigham said...

Thanks to everybody for the birthday wishes! I appreciate it. And thanks most of all to Shay for being so sweet. I love you!