Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Thanks Em for Visiting!

My friend, Emily Ulrich came out this past weekend for a visit. We took her to the Wildlife Refuge here in Lawton, there is beauty all around (sometimes you just have to look really hard for it). She came from Utah - where it hasn't stopped snowing. It was in the 70's and 80's here in Oklahoma, so she wore sandals most of the time. We ate good German food, scrapbooked, fed the prairie dogs, looked out over the beautiful mountains (yes, the hills here are called the "Wichita Mountain Range"), watched Pres. Hinckley's funeral, caught the last and best part of the Super Bowl, attended a CAVS game(our semi-pro basketball team), and visited the National OKC bombing site.
I am nearing 38 weeks... only 2 more to go. The pack-n-play is up and the car seat is in place. I am still feeling great... Brig has been working 12 hour days, and can't wait to take paternity leave.
Bombs AWAY! I caught this dirty buffalo in the act.
A good Oklahoma sunset. I actually think Brig and I were in the picture but the picture only captured the real beauty.

5 comments:

Strupp Family said...

You are hilarious. Taking pictures of buffalo doing the deed? Soinds like something I'd do (which means I'm hilarious,too) Good times.

Shayla, you look AMAZING!! I guess all I need to do with the next pregnancy is watch what I eat (like you do) and I won't look like the cow I always do when I'm pregnant! Wow, 38 weeks and you look so great! Good luck with everything. I better be pretty high up on that list of people you call with the good news. You better put me on speed dial.

Vanessa and Raymond said...

It's buffalo chips!
I agree with Kim, you do look great for being only a couple weeks away from baby Udall!
I'll see you and your family soon! Don't forget to call me, it takes me just a bit longer to get there!!

Karolyn said...

Looks like you guys are having loads of fun! Good for you! Vacations are the best! No house to clean, no husband to cook for (jk) and no responsibility! And then you come back... haha oh well! GOod luck with everything-you're getting SO close

Vanessa and Raymond said...

Cool website!

http://www.mormonchic.com/

Ashlee said...

You've been tagged! Get the directions off my sight! dunlapfamily3.blogspot.com.