Tuesday, February 12, 2008

No Baby YET!

I am driving my family nuts, if I call and I don't have news of a baby, they don't want to talk to me! I am still pregnant and happy. I don't think this baby is going to come this week, and I am already past a few of the dates that were guesses (Odessa!). I have started to dilate, but that could still mean days. My doctor's office told me they hoped they didn't see me this week, but I told them I'd be in! Brig and I toured our hospital this past weekend... it is small. They have 3 labor and delivery rooms and all were empty! It is a private hospital that is just about 1.8 miles from our apartment. We are getting the best care all paid by our wonderful insurance. Can't beat that! Brig is getting excited and ready to take some paternity leave. He is a busy boy at work. He oficially found out that he will deploy with his unit in April to Camp Bucca for 15 months. The good news - he doesn't have to go with them this Sat. for the 3 week training, this mission is about as safe as they come, he will have internet access in his trailor, and he will miss the baby's sleeping, eating, and pooping days (if you know Brig, you know that he loves children ages 2-4 when they are active and have life - it kills him to think he would miss that part of his child's life.) So, we can only say we are blessed. Originally, he was suppose to go right after we met - then he got an order to leave this past Dec. that fell through - the Lord has guided and protected us throughout, we must continue to trust Him.

5 comments:

The Peake Family said...

Shayla, so does that mean you are heading back to school? If so, we will miss you and your baby. And for 15 months? T.J keeps telling me they should be back in 12. I think he is telling me that so I won't stress out. We need to go out to dinner again that was fun:)

Maria said...

hello! just wanted to congratulate you on your new upcoming baby! my dh is currently at CAMP BUCCA and you are right in that it IS one of the safest place there!! my dh has been there since sept 2007 and GOD WILLING will be home in june! :) we also had a child during his deployement..my little guy is almost 6 months old!!! anyway, just wanted to let you know that your dh will do well there!! GOD BLESS....and if you want to see pics of where he will be, just follow my name to my blog to check out BUCCA!!

PROUD MILITARY WIFE,
MARIA

Strupp Family said...

Shayla, you are so great. Good luck with all of these huge life changes coming up! I don't know how you do it. Don't worry, that baby will be here the 23rd :)

Vanessa and Raymond said...

That baby is coming the 19th! I am going to win!

--Vanny

Vanessa and Raymond said...

I lost....sad.