Saturday, June 16, 2012

Max's Conversation with Brig Last Week


The other night Max had to go to bed without books or stories because he made some wrong choices.  Brig was tucking him in and kissing him and telling him why we had to punish him. 

The conversation went like this:
Dad: We punish you because we love you and want you to be happy.
Max: Why do you want me to be happy?
Dad: Because I'm your dad and  you're my best friend.

Max started sobbing and then through his tears said….
Max: I know Dad.  You know how there are two cries… One you cry when you're sad and one you cry when you're glad.  Right now, I'm crying because I'm glad.

Sweet father/son moment.  Makes me get choked up just typing it.  Max and Brig really are best friends.

2 comments:

Lil Gma said...

Max is a sensitive little guy with great parents.

Risa said...

This is a wonderful account. Thank you for sharing it with us. Hope Max continues with that sensitive nature he has.