Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Veteran's Day!

I've been reading deployment posts while the kids nap today (and even gagging a bit how much I missed him and openly wrote about it - so, sorry about that!) - and remembering Brig's time in the military... I just have so much appreciation for his service and the service of all the other men and women who have fought and continue to fight. It is no piece of cake and does come at a great sacrifice. A big thanks to our service men today!


He once wrote, "I'm just here to help out my guys and others around me, improve myself, and come home to you."


Grateful to say he did it all!

4 comments:

The Speres said...

Thank you, Brig, for your service! And thank you, Shayla for being the awesome supportive wife of one of our servicemen! Now go get your free meal at IHOP!! haha jk.

breanne said...

I was thinking about you guys yesterday. I am still so impressed with how well you guys handled deployment! I know it's not something I would ever like to experience--either being left at home or serving abroad! Thanks to both of you!

Risa said...

We join Shayla in being grateful for Brig's service as well as that of all the other men and women in the Armed Forces. It is noble, selfless service, and we, as Brig's parents, will be eternally grateful for his sacrifice.

Lil Gma said...

I am thinking about those of us who benefit from the selflessness of others. I am grateful for the Brigs and Tims that have served for us. Actually both of Shay's grandparents served. My dad never said too much but he hated KP duty. My mom tells stories though. Ask her some time. Grandpa Skinner didn't see much good in it at all.